Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cutie Patootie Purse



Well it has been a little while since I have posted anything thing, so sorry about the delay. I have been super busy with crafts and have tons to share with you. So to get right to the point. Today I am sharing this adorable purse for you. The great thing about this is you can adjust the pattern to make it as big or as little as you like. This one I made for my daughter to hold her PSP and DS. She loves it! I am in the process of making one for myself using lovely browns and creams and am adding a lining to it. I will post it once I am finished and do another pattern to go over making the lining and attaching it. But for now enjoy this lovely little handbag and Please if you create one Send me a pic I would love to see you work!


TIPS:
Join all rounds.
Do not turn after rounds on the bag.


Starting out: Ch 51 (or more depending on the size you are wanting to make).


Row 1: Work 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Continue working sc in each ch st to end. Join w/ sl st in 1st sc. (50 sc) You will now be working in rounds.


Rnd 1: Work Beginning Shell in same st as join. {Skip 2 stitches, then work Shell in the next st.} Repeat between {} around. Join in top of ch 3. (17 Shells)


Rnd 2: Sl St in each dc of shell into sp between first two shells. Work Beginning Shell. {Work Shell in space between next shell.} Repeat between {} to end. Join in top of ch 3. (17 Shells)


Rnd 3-8: Repeat round 2.


Rnd 9-10: ( This is when I changed colors but you can use all the same color if you would like)  Ch 1. Sc in next st and in each st to end. Join in top of first sc. (50 sc)


Rnd 11: Ch 1. Sc in next 5 st. Ch 15. Count 15 and attach to 16th sc. Sc in next 9 st. Ch 15. Count 15 and attach to 16th sc. Sc in next 4 stitches. Join in top of first sc. (50 sc)


Rnd 12: Ch 1. Sc in next st and in each st across including each ch stitch to end. Join in top of first sc. (50 sc)
Rnd 13-14: Ch 1. Sc in next st and in each st to end. Join in top of first sc.


Finish off. Whip stitch bottom seam of bag together. Weave in ends.

Tomorrow I will go over  how to make the rosettes and a few other flowers.

enjoy and Remember Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment