Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fabulous FOB

Good morning everyone. I have been enjoying the white snow scape outside of my craft room window, while crafting like crazy! I really enjoy being creative and sharing it all on this blog. Today (because the creative juices are flowing) I will be posting 2 crafts. 1 - a key fob ( LOVE THIS) and 2 (later) the crochet rosette that I mentioned yesterday to go alone with the purse.

When I first moved to our nice little town I discovered there are alot of fun little places in this fun little town and one of my favs has been Martha and Me. You see, Martha is the owner of the store, a very nice lady who loves treasures of all sorts and sells them in her fun little store. And Me is her dog.... The cutest little pup, that you can always find sitting at her feet eyeing the ankles of everyone that walks into her establishment. One day I visited Martha and Me and found the most genius of things ( I moved here from the middle of no where so these were very new to me) A beautifully handcrafted custom KEY FOB. So I purchased one- If was covered in shamrocks which are the mascot of our schools, so naturally I needed someway to show my shamrock pride. I paid $13 + tax for this nifty thing and just this past week decided to try my hand at making one. I did, and it turned out great! What great gifts, for teachers, friends, Secret Moms at our local moms group ;), really anyone! ( my husband has even asked me to make a Harley Davidson Key Fob for his new sportster) so here ya go the instructions on how to make your own custom KEY FOBS. Try to keep up it is terribly diffi.... what am I saying NO IT IS NOT! LOL ENJOY!


First what you will need is
1. Woven Belting
2. Ribbon
3. Key Fob Hardware
4. a sewing Machine



I cut a 12 in piece of the belting and the ribbon
then lay the ribbon on top of the belting sew down each side of the ribbon
Fold the material in half and sew together at the ends
slide on the key fob hardware and clamp with pliers.



Tada!!! you have an easy fun gift that anyone would like.

you can also add another layer of ribbon if you like. At Hobby Lobby I found some wonderful grosgrain ribbon with ruffles on the edge that would look great under the ribbon. If you have an embroidery machine you could also add a name or monogram to the Fob. Just have fun with it and take it ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment