Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 1- Crochet- Infinity Ruffle scarf!

So as I was walking the yarn isles of Hobby Lobby I happened along 2 fellow crocheters mingling amongst the wool and sock yarn discussing things like weight, yards and stitches. Being the social butterfly that I am I asked a simple question do you crochet or knit both of them looked at me like I had 4 heads and said, "crochet" (it should have had a DUH! at the end LOL). Anyway, we all began talking about our current projects and the younger of the 2 ladies showed me her infinity scarf, it was cute and I love the concept. So as I moved on my merry way contemplating this scarf I stumbled upon the glorious CLEARANCE ISLE, I looked down and to my surprise saw the most beautiful color of purple yarn it was so rich and royal. Without thinking I scooped it up and new exactly what I would do with this wonderful fiber. I knew that an infinity scarf would probably be the easiest thing I have ever made and oh, was I right. Super Easy! But as looked at my new accessory in the mirror perfectly draped around my neck I thought to myself  it needs a little something. So I sat and began adding crocheted cream ruffles.




It was an easy process just time consuming, but the result was incredible!  and now I will share the pattern with you. this is a great project for anyone from beginner to master. Find your flow and take it One day at a time.


Pattern-

sc= Single Crochet
dc= Double crochet
ch= Chain
sl st= Slip Stitch


Scarf-
R1- chain 20 turn
R2- dc in each stitch ch 1 turn
R3- sc in each stitch ch 3 turn
R4-85 repeat R2 and R3
hold ends together and sc through both layers to attach. leave 4 inch strand weave in to finish

Ruffles-
R1- sc along edge of scarf
R2- "chain 3, 2 dc in next stitch chain 3 sl st into next stitch"
"   " repeat full length of scarf.
finish off and weave in ends.

Now how easy was that! and now you have a beautiful new scarf that will be the envy of all your friends!

Tomorrow we will be making a Wall pouch! cant wait!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment