Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

The fantastic Broomstick Lace Crochet Stitch

I know yesterday I said we would be doing a sewing project -the wall pouch, but this morning I woke up not feeling very well and decided not to pull out the sewing machine. I do promise though I will do it as soon as I am feeling better! So instead as I lay on the sofa (or davenport and my dear grandmother refers to it) I pulled out my crochet hook and decided to learn something new, and boy did I! As I lay feeling completely ill and enjoy the quiet of all 3 children at school and hubby at work I explored the exotic broomstick lace stitch. I love the fanned look of it. The twists and turns of it are lovely.So once I mastered this new stitch, of course I had to make something LOL! And what better than a bracelet to match my infinity scarf from yesterday. Oh and once again in the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby I found a wonderful coral yarn, just looking at it makes me want to take an exotic vacation. From this yarn I made a Broomstick lace phone case. (and from it got some inspiration for another project for another day.)



Here is a great tutorial for the Broomstick Lace Stitch
Once you have learned this stitch I hope that you love it as much as I do!


Bracelet pattern

Chain 16 turn and Single crochet 15
then working in multiples of 5 start your broomstick lace stitch (you will end up with 3 full broomstick stitches) repeat for 7 rows and then add 3 buttons to your beginning side and there you have it! LOVE it! try this stitch with different weight yarns to get different looks.



Phone Case
(this one is a little bit more difficult and size depends on what phone you are using)
chain 11 turn and single crochet 10
turn and complete 2 broomstick lace stitches then turn and do 1 broomstick lace stitch with all 10 loops
repeat this for 7 rows and then i added some chain scallop around the edge this is completely up to you. just create a chain and attach every 6. once complete finish off weave in ends.
For the pocket I started with a single crochet into the bottom of the case and then completed 8 rows of single crochet and attached on the sides. it was pretty easy. and I love the result!

well that is all for today I hope that you are enjoying my new blog and that you are learning new things, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment